Welcome to a new week of TV! This is a MUCH busier week this week than last. It’s kind of insane on a few nights, actually. So let’s get to it! Jump with me to see this week’s schedule!
Sunday is the 1-hour Spring Finale of The Hills on a special night and time, on MTV at 7:58/6:58c. It’s also the season finale of Breaking Bad on AMC at 10/9c.
Tonight is also the season premiere of Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel at 9/8c and the return of Million Dollar Password on CBS at 8/7c. Tonight’s celebrities are Jamie Kennedy and Norm MacDonald. (I love Jamie Kennedy now that he’s been on Ghost Whisperer, so I may have to watch! lol)
Adding to the busy night is the series premiere of Expedition Africa on the History Channel at 10/9c. Twenty miles off the coast of eastern Africa, four modern-day explorers are sailing towards the unknown, the deep interior of Tanzania. They’ll travel 970 miles through the most stunning, epic and unforgiving African terrain fraught with danger. Using only a compass and basic maps, they will attempt to experience the spirit of a remarkable adventure in world history. It is produced by Mark Burnett, among others, who is behind shows like Survivor and The Apprentice.
Another series premiere is HGTV’s $250,000 Challenge on HGTV (of course, lol) at 10/9c. Five families living in the same Sherman Oaks, Calif. neighborhood will put their home improvement and interior design skills to the test for a chance to win a life-changing cash prize in HGTV’s $250,000 Challenge. To avoid elimination and earn big cash that could go toward their mortgage, the homeowners will participate in weekly challenges to renovate and redesign their own homes. The show is hosted by Drew Lachey.
The final series premiere of the night is Jesse James Is a Dead Man on Spike TV at 10/9c. In this series, viewers will get to experience one of the most fearless guys on the planet in an entirely new way, taking on death-defying physical challenges each week. Each episode follows James as he readies himself for a different death-defying challenge he has always wanted to face and beat. Preparing for the risky challenge can often be as dangerous as the challenge itself as he endures a battery of tests to prepare. With CGI effects, viewers get a taste of the enormity of the stunt, revealing the physiological stress James’ body will endure. Some of the dangerous challenges he’ll be facing include the harrowing, grueling and lawless off-road race better known as the Baja 500, hitting over 200 mph on a Nitro bike supercharged by ultra-combustible nitro-methane fuel and braving harsh Artic weather conditions by riding a motorcycle in minus-60 degree temperature across the infamous Ice Highway that connects the small towns of Inuvik and Aklavik. James will even place his life in the hands of his fans in a featured episode where he will reach out and ask his fans to come up with the craziest, most dangerous stunts imaginable for James to undertake.
One other special tonight is a series “preview”, a 30-minute special on a new show that has been ordered to series on MTV. DJ and the Fro will air on MTV at 11:06/10:06c. MTV brings animation back to the network with DJ and the Fro. It’s Beavis and Butthead for the Millennial generation. DJ and the Fro work for a big corporation — though they aren’t sure exactly what the company does. Aimed at the generation that eats, sleeps and breathes technology — DJ and the Fro combines animation and the best of the web. The internet clips are arguably the stars of the show — the funniest, weirdest videos on the internet, made funnier and weirder by the observations of DJ and the Fro.
Last, but certainly not least in my opinion 😉 , tonight is the 2-hour 2009 MTV Movie Awards on uh, MTV at 9/8c. If you are a Twilight fan, I read that some of the cast (Rob Pattinson, Kristen Stewart & maybe Taylor Lautner?) will be there to present the very first full preview of the new movie, New Moon. Woohoo! It will be up online on like a billion places later that night, so if you miss it on here, don’t worry!
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Breaking Bad (#213) – AMC @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Expedition Africa (#101) – History Channel @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – HGTV’s $250,000 Challenge (#HCHL1-101) – HGTV @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Jesse James Is a Dead Man (#101) – Spike TV @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Ice Road Truckers (#301) – History Channel @ 9/8c
- *Special* – 2009 MTV Movie Awards – MTV @ 9/8c (2-Hour Special)
- *Special* – DJ and the Fro – MTV @ 11:06/10:06c (30-Minute Series Preview Special)
- *Sports* – NBA Countdown – ABC @ 8/7c
- *Sports* – NBA Playoffs – Western Conference Finals, Game 7: Denver Nuggets at Los Angeles Lakers – ABC @ 8:30/7:30c
- *New* – Any Dream Will Do (#110) – BBC America @ 8/7c
- *New* – In Plain Sight (#206) – USA @ 10/9c
- *New* – Law & Order: CI (#806) – USA @ 9/8c
- *New* – Million Dollar Password (#111) – CBS @ 8/7c
- *New* – The Hills (#510-60) – MTV @ 7:58/6:58c (1-Hour Spring Finale)
Monday is the season finale of Medium on NBC at 10/9c. NBC is promo’ing this as the series finale or something like that, but don’t be fooled. If you are a fan, watch for Medium on CBS next Fall, where it will move to with all new episodes! And if you aren’t a fan, check it out! It’s a great supernatural procedural-type show with a lot of cute family stuff as well. Tonight is also the season finale of Most Outrageous on Animal Planet at 9/8c, on a special night & time.
Tonight is the season premiere of two shows. First up is Build It Bigger on the Science Channel at 10/9c, which almost any man will certainly enjoy (I know my dh does! lol).
Finally, tonight is the 2-hour season premiere of I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here on NBC at 8/7c. This season’s celebrities are: Heidi Montag, Janice Dickinson, John Salley, Lou Diamond Phillips, Sanjaya Malakar, Spencer Pratt, Patti Blagojevich, Stephen Baldwin, Torrie Wilson & Frangela. Is it sad that out of that list, I’m not sure who most of those people are? ROFLMAO
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Medium (#519) – NBC @ 10/9c
- *Season Finale* – Most Outrageous (#106) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *Season Premiere* – Build It Bigger (#306) – Science Channel @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (#201/202-120) – NBC @ 8/7c (2-Hour Season Premiere)
- *New* – 4th & Long (#103) – Spike TV @ 10/9c
- *New* – Cake Boss (#102) – TLC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Charm School (#304-60) – VH1 @ 9/8c
- *New* – Greek (#220) – ABC Family @ 8/7c
- *New* – Gotti’s Way (#205-30) – VH1 @ 10:30/9:30c
- *New* – Here Come the Newlyweds (#202) – ABC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Intervention (#86/701) – A&E @ 9/8c
- *New* – Jon & Kate Plus 8 (#502-30/503-30) – TLC @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – New York Goes To Work (#105-30) – VH1 @ 10/9c
- *New* – Obsessed (#01) – A&E @ 10/9c
- *New* – Pros vs. Joes (#406) – Spike TV @ 11/10c
- *New* – The Bachelorette (#503-120) – ABC @ 8/7c (2-Hour New Episode)
Tuesday is a new episode of According To Jim on ABC at 8/7c, followed by the series finale (hears a roar of cheers rise up from the Jim haters. lol) at 8:30/7:30c. It’s also the season finale of Law & Order: SVU on NBC at 10/9c.
Tonight is also the season premiere of Paris Hilton’s My New BFF on MTV at 10/9c.
There are two specials tonight. First up is a 2-hour special on ABC, Earth 2100. Experts say that over the next 100 years the “perfect storm” of population growth, resource depletion and climate change could converge with catastrophic results. ABC News’ Earth 2100, hosted by Bob Woodruff, takes viewers on a virtual journey through the next century to find out what may lie ahead and what might be done to avoid disaster.
The second special is a 1-hour Man vs. Wild on the Discovery Channel at 10/9c. It’s the “Will Ferrell Special”, but I honestly have no idea what that means. roflmao Something to do with his new movie, Land of the Lost, I’m sure.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Finale* – According To Jim (#817/818) – ABC @ 8/7c & 8:30/7:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *Season Finale* – Law & Order: SVU (#10-22) – NBC @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Paris Hilton’s My New BFF – MTV @ 10/9c
- *Special* – Earth 2100 – ABC @ 9/8c (2-Hour Special)
- *Special* – Man vs. Wild – Discovery Channel @ 10/9c (1-Hour Will Ferrell Special)
- *New* – 18 Kids & Counting (#210-30) – TLC @ 9/8c
- *New* – Apprentice UK (#106) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *New* – Deadliest Catch (#508) – Discovery Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Hitched or Ditched (#105) – CW @ 9/8c
- *New* – I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (#203-60) – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Mental (#MEN-103) – FOX @ 9/8c
- *New* – Rescue Me (#509) – FX @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Little Couple (#103/104) – TLC @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – The Real Housewives of New Jersey (#104) – Bravo @ 10/9c
- *New* – Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood (#402) – Oxygen @ 10/9c
Wednesday is the season finale of 4 shows. First up is a new episode of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne on TBS at 9/8c, followed by the season finale at 9:30/8:30c.
Also tonight, at 10/9c, are the season finales of Law & Order on NBC, Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo and The Cougar on TV Land.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Law & Order (#19-22) – NBC @ 10/9c
- *Season Finale* – Make Me a Supermodel (#213) – Bravo @ 10/9c
- *Season Finale* – The Cougar (#108) – TV Land @ 10/9c
- *Season Finale* – Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (#325/326) – TBS @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes Including Season Finale)
- *New* – Dog the Bounty Hunter (#140/607 & 141/608) – A&E @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (#204-60) – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Mythbusters (#123/709) – Discovery Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Night (#117/118) – Animal Planet @ 10/9c
- *New* – Pitchmen (#108) – Discovery Channel @ 10/9c
- *New* – Reno 911 (#615) – Comedy Central @ 10:30/9:30c
- *New* – So You Think You Can Dance (#DAN-507/508) – FOX @ 8/7c (2-Hour New Episode)
- *New* – Tattoo Highway (#03/04) – A&E @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – The Goode Family (#106/102) – ABC @ 9/8c & 9:31/8:31c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – The Real World/Road Rules Challenge (#1709-60) – MTV @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Ultimate Fighter (#910) – Spike TV @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Unusuals (#108) – ABC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Time Warp (#209-60) – Discovery Channel @ 8/7c
- *New* – Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (#203/204) – TBS @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – Wipeout (#202) – ABC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Your Worst Animal Nightmares (#103/104) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
Thursday is the series premiere of The Listener on NBC at 9/8c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 10/9c. It centers on Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik, The Timekeeper), a 25-year-old paramedic who has a big secret — he’s a telepath. Until now, Toby kept his ability hidden, exploring its possibilities only with his long time mentor and confidant, Dr. Ray Mercer (Colm Feore, 24: Redemption). As he makes the rounds with his energetic paramedic partner — “Oz” Bey (Ennis Esmer, Young People F*#king), The Listener follows Toby as he tries to help people in crisis, and in the process, unravel the truth about his past. While his professional life is in check, Toby’s personal life could use its own rescue. And with the help of Detective Charlie Marks (Lisa Marcos, Diary of a Mad Black Woman) and his E.R. doctor/ex-girlfriend Olivia Fawcett (Mylne Dinh-Robic, Da Vinci’s City Hall), Toby realizes his gift can help others.
Tonight is also the season premiere of MY favorite show, Burn Notice on USA at 9/8c. Following that is the 75-minute series premiere of Royal Pains at 10/9c. The show is about the Hamptons’ newest doctor-on-demand, Hank Lawson (Mark Feuerstein). After Hank, a young doctor on the fast track to success, falls from grace when he is blamed for the death of a hospital trustee, he inadvertently stumbles into the world of private medical service for the elite denizens of the Hamptons.
With the encouragement of his younger brother Evan (Paulo Costanzo) and an ambitious young woman who volunteers to be his physician assistant, Hank reluctantly agrees to be a “Concierge Doctor” for the summer. But will he be able to treat his high-flying clients while still managing to keep his own feet on the ground? Co-starring Reshma Shetty and Jill Flint with Christine Ebersole and Campbell Scott.
The final series premiere tonight is Tosh.0 on Comedy Central at 10/9c. With razor sharp wit and biting commentary, comedian Daniel Tosh delves into all aspects of the Internet from the absolutely absurd to the incredibly ingenious. The show goes deep into the Web, spinning commentary about blogs and vlogs both popular and obscure, tweets and pokes, popular sites and new technologies. In addition, the series will feature viral clips of the week, premiere its own original videos created by and starring well-known actors and comedians, as well as highlight a weekly “Viewer’s Choice” video chosen from among those uploaded and voted on via the web. Each episode will feature the segment “Web Redemption,” which will give subjects of infamous viral videos (think Afro Ninja) a second chance to redeem themselves from the embarrassment with which they’ve become synonymous.
Tonight is the season finale of Escape to Chimp Eden on Animal Planet at 10/9c.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Escape to Chimp Eden (#219/220) – Animal Planet @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Royal Pains (#101) – USA @ 10/9c (75-Minute Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – The Listener (#101/102) – NBC @ 9/8c & 10/9c (2 New Episodes Including Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – Tosh.0 (#101) – Comedy Central @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Burn Notice (#301) – USA @ 9/8c
- *Sports* – Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night – ABC @ 8/7c
- *Sports* – NBA Countdown – ABC @ 8:31/7:31c
- *Sports* – NBA Finals, Game 1 – ABC @ 9:01/8:01c
- *New* – American Chopper (#142/609) – TLC @ 9/8c
- *New* – Crime 360 (#??) – A&E @ 10/9c
- *New* – I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (#205-60) – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – My First Place (#HMFP-1011) – HGTV @ 8/7c
- *New* – Snapped – Oxygen @ 10/9c (100th Episode)
- *New* – So You Think You Can Dance (#DAN-509) – FOX @ 9/8c
- *New* – The Fashion Show (#105) – Bravo @ 10/9c
Friday is the season premiere of Whale Wars on Animal Planet at 9/8c.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Premiere* – Whale Wars (#201) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Don’t Forget the Lyrics! (#LYR-211) – FOX @ 8/7c
- *New* – Patton 360 (#108) – History Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Real Time with Bill Maher (#715) – HBO @ 10/9c
- *New* – Say Yes To the Dress (#312/313) – TLC @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – What Not To Wear (#702) – TLC @ 9/8c
Saturday is the season finale of Nanny 911 at 8/7c and World’s Strictest Parents at 9/8c, both on CMT.
If it’s needed, tonight is also the NHL Stanley Cup Finals #5 on NBC at 8/7c.
Finally, tonight is unaired episodes of The Worst Week on CBS at 8:30/7:30c and Pushing Daisies on ABC at 10/9c.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Nanny 911 (#408-60) – CMT @ 8/7c
- *Season Finale* – World’s Strictest Parents (#108-60) – CMT @ 9/8c
- *Sports* – NHL Stanley Cup Finals #5 – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Beverly Hills Groomer (#107/108) – Animal Planet @ 10/9c
- *New* – Groomer Has It (#209) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Harper’s Island (#108) – CBS @ 9/8c
- *New* – Primeval (#304) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *New* – Pushing Daisies (#212) – ABC @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#512) – BBC America @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Worst Week (#116) – CBS @ 8:30/7:30c
That’s it! Hope you all have a great week!