Sunday was an eventful day at Comic-Con and while I was there I was texting Jenny some details. She didn’t get a chance to post the texts earlier so here I am to post them, and let you in on some spoilers and secrets too. Jump ahead to read about the Smallville, Supernatural and Glee panels.
I woke up particularly early on Sunday and got in line for the room where the panels were by 6:45 am. The whole Comic-Con Ballroom 20 has been a nightmare to get in, and there was no way I was going to miss Supernatural or Glee.
-“Lois will learn Clark’s secret but will go as far as the desert to protect it. She will continue to watch over him.”
-Tom Welling will direct another episode.
-The suit will be different than last season, in the sense that he was in the black suit because he wasn’t quite Superman yet. He’s on his way and he’s getting there. You might very well see the traditional red and blue suit before the season’s end.
– One of the most exciting parts of the panel for me was that Clark’s dad (John Schneider) is coming back this season and I couldn’t have been happier. Schneider was also incredibly encouraging to a dad and daughter who came up to the microphone to ask a question. The father was in the middle of asking if Tom could do something for his daughter’s 18th birthday when the mic got cut out due to the “No Personal Questions” rule. I understand, I really do,but this was one of those exception times. Schneider called them on it and asked the girl to the stage where Tom Welling signed his name card and gave it to her for her birthday. The moral of the story is that while I understand the need to control the personal questions and requests (i.e. to the Twilight vamps, “would you bite me?”), I think it’s important for stars to really take charge and voice their opinions when necessary.
-Lois will be in 22 episodes..
– There will be a few guest heroes and bad guys, including Hawk Man, some from the Suicide League, and more of Dark Side and his minions.
Overall, the Smallville panel was wonderful. I love that John Schneider is coming back and that Tom Welling will suit up in the actual Superman suit.
– The creator Eric Kripke, has stepped down as show runner because he felt he’s told most of the stories he planned. Season 6 will be more like a sequel to the original show.
-Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki were delicious in person. I think I may have been drooling.
-The producers promise us there will be more monsters this season.
– Jensen is directing this season, too. He loved it, but it was a different experience for him. Jared doesn’t really want to direct.
-Castiel (Misha Collins) will be cleaning up Heaven in the new season.
-Bobby is fighting for his soul when the new season starts, which is actually the first episode that Jensen directs.
-Eric Kripke used the word “douchey” in reference to M. Night
-They would like to work with Jeffrey Dean Morgan again if his schedule clears up a bit. I would love this too, because I adore Morgan. He’s delicious.
-The boys really are good friends outside the show.
-When the new season starts, they will pick up the show a year later. Dean will be living a normal life and get pulled back into the demon hunting life.
-Jensen would like to show people how to kill vampires properly this season.
I learned that American Dad is really horrible. The episode they showed us involved the family killing Santa Claus, and then Santa coming back to kill them. It was sick and twisted. All I could think the whole time was “I hope there are no young kids watching this right now!” That would be therapy for years.
-To start the panel off they showed clips from the first season, including the epic confrontation between Kurt, Finn and Kurt’s Dad about the “faggy” lamp. I loved that episode and I love them for showing the clip again.
-When asked what episodes they loved, Chris Colfer(Kurt) says he loved the Bad Romance number and that whole episode.
– Ryan Murphy said they’re going to have more episodes based on the characters and less big episodes. Including more Britany and more time with our favorites. I’m so excited about this because that’s what made the show fabulous in the beginning.
-Ryan Murphy confirms that there will indeed be a Brittany Spears episode where Mr. Shue spends the whole episode saying he doesn’t want to do Brittany Spears. This came about because Matthew Morrison said he didn’t want to do a Brittany Spears episode.
– When asked what songs they’d love to do, Chris says he wants to do Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Then Ryan Murphy reveals to the crowd and to the cast for the first time that they will actually be doing an episode with Rocky Horror Picture Show featured. I love this news, it’s completely EPIC!
-A guy in the audience questioned whether or not they would tackle the topic of Finn and Kurt’s relationship in the next season, and Ryan says that they will touch on the issues between those two.
-Heather & Naya (Brittany & Santana) think it’d be fun to do a Santana/Brittany relationship.
– They were asked who was scarier, Oprah or the President, everyone said they thought that Oprah was far scarier. Amazing how popular culture shapes our lives isn’t it?
-Jenna (Tina) was actually in a Glee Club.
-Mike Chang ; Matt Rutherford will actually have their own storylines this season and I am so excited about this. I love Mike Chang. In fact Ryan Murphy says that Tina and Mike Chang (Harry Shum Jr.) will actually become a couple after Artie doesn’t fulfill Tina’s needs for a relationship.
-There will definitely be a love interest for Kurt, it’s in the process of being cast.
-Ryan says we’re going to see small glimpses into the other Glee member’s families.
-Ryan says we’ll see Mercedes at her church and Kurt will go with her. It will involve some solos and is bound to be fantabulous. 😀
That’s it for the Glee panel but I will have some pictures/videos to post later once I finish cleaning them up.
Buffy The Vampire Slayer : Once More With Feeling :
To wrap up Comic Con 2010, the last event in Ballroom 20 was actually a sing-along of the classic musical episode of Buffy, Once More With Feeling. While watching the episode for the millionth time (I’ve seriously watched that episode a lot, I even own the soundtrack. *blush*) I learned a few new things.
– Adam Shankman actually choreographed the episode. We can appreciate his current work on So You Think You can Dance, Step Up and Hairspray.
– People really hated the character of Dawn (Michelle Trachtenberg). Whenever Dawn came on the screen people were yelling at her and booing. Now while I didn’t love her character, I do enjoy Michelle as an actress, and feel that she portrayed Dawn the exact way that little sisters are supposed to appear. Annoying. Dawn also played an important role in many stories, so people cut her some slack.
– Finally, I learned that I am not the only geek in the world who can sing along to all the songs in this episode without words to follow along. It was a moment of pure geek-tastic joy. I was grinning like a fool, and made the fact that Comic-Con was ending incredibly bittersweet.
I will be back later with more details, photos and videos from Comic Con 2010, and again I thank all of the readers for caring enough to keep coming back.