Saturday is the series premiere of Atlantis on BBC America at 9/8c. When Jason (Jack Donnelly, Dancing on the Edge) sets out to find his father, he could never imagine his journey would lead to a strange, yet impossibly familiar land full of dangerous creatures, legendary heroes and palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants – the ancient fabled city of Atlantis. A young man trying to unearth his roots and find his missing father, Jason’s search unexpectedly leads him to this strange mythical realm – and whether he likes it or not, he isn’t leaving anytime soon. He must now familiarize himself with their customs, earn a living, forge alliances and fight-off otherworldly foes. Jason quickly learns that beneath the surface of what appears to be a magical place, is a dark and simmering past filled with secrets and deceit to which he now seems inexplicably bound. And when he becomes embroiled in a perilous game of politics and power, Jason will need all the help he can get.
Tonight is also the series premiere of Lucas Bros. Moving Company on FOX at 11:15/10:15c. The stand-up comedy of New York-based identical twins – and television newcomers – Kenny and Keith Lucas (The Lucas Brothers) gets animated in this new show. With the help of the people of Greenpoint, the twins run a moving company called Lucas Bros. Moving Co. Their customers are often apprehensive to hire such a scrawny duo, but the brothers like to remind them that that’s why God made two of them. A day that begins simply by moving a bed down the street may lead to the threat of city-wide catastrophe, resolved only with the help of a once-famous ’90s wrestler. No matter what happens around them, Kenny and Keith always remain totally, bizarrely unfazed.
Tonight is also the series premiere of Golan the Insatiable on FOX at 11:30/10:30c. A fearsome godlord from an alternate dimension is trapped in the small town of Oak Grove, where his only friend is a macabre little girl named Dylan (comedian Mary Mack). Together, they fight the boredom of suburban life. Golan (voice of series creator Josh Miller) is Dylan’s ideal playmate and she constantly urges him to destroy and wreak havoc on the town that makes her so miserable.
Tonight is also a new episode of The Graham Norton Show on BBC America at 11/10c, with guests Emma Thompson, Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jimmy Carr, & Robbie Williams.
Finally, tonight is a new episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC at 11:29/10:29c, with host Josh Hutcherson and musical guest Haim.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Atlantis (#101) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *Series Premiere* – Golan the Insatiable – FOX @ 11:30/10:30c
- *Series Premiere* – Lucas Bros. Moving Company – FOX @ 11:15/10:15c
- *Special* – Bill Cosby: Far From Finished – Comedy Central @ 8/7c (90-Minute Special)
- *Special* – Dancing on the Edge (#106) – Starz @ 9/8c (1-Hour “Interviewing Louis” Special)
- *Special* – Doctor Who – BBC America @ 2:50/1:50c (80-Minute “50th Anniversary: The Day of the Doctor” Special)
- *Special* – Sarah Silverman – HBO @ 10/9c (57-Minute “We are Miracles” Special)
- *New* – Axe Cop – FOX @ 11/10c
- *New* – Cupcake Wars – Food Network @ 8/7c
- *New* – Flipping Vegas – A&E @ 10/9c
- *New* – High School USA! – FOX @ 11:45/10:45c
- *New* – Orange County Choppers (#102) – CMT @ 9/8c
- *New* – Saturday Night Live (#3907) – NBC @ 11:29/10:29c
- *New* – Swamp Pawn (#202) – CMT @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#1406) – BBC America @ 10/9c