Saturday is the series premiere of The Missing of Starz at 9/8c. The show centers on the psychological fallout and ensuing years-long manhunt resulting from the sudden disappearance of five-year-old Oliver Hughes while on holiday with his parents in France in 2006. This gripping dramatic thriller goes inside the mind of a father, Tony Hughes, played by James Nesbitt (The Hobbit trilogy), desperate to locate his lost son. With help from local police detective, Julien Baptiste, played by Tcheky Karyo (Goldeneye), Tony embarks on an obsessive quest to find his son and those responsible for his disappearance. A gripping puzzle with twists and turns at every stage, Tony’s exhaustive search fractures his relationship with his wife, Emily, played by Frances O’Connor (A.I.: Artificial Intelligence), and threatens to destroy his life. Told through a delicate and complex narrative, The Missing unfolds over two time frames simultaneously.
Tonight is also a new episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC at 11:29/10:29c. Tonight’s host is Woody Harrelson, with musical guest Kendrick Lamar.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – The Missing (#101) – Starz @ 9/8c
- *Season Premiere* – Atlantis (#201) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *Special* – Outrageous Thanksgiving – Food Network @ 9/8c (1-Hour Special)
- *New* – Black Dynamite (#205) – Cartoon Network @ 10:30/9:30c
- *New* – Hell on Wheels (#412) – AMC @ 9/8c
- *New* – Rewrapped – Food Network @ 1/12c
- *New* – Saturday Night Live (#4006) – NBC @ 11:29/10:29c
- *New* – Swamp Hunters (#205) – CMT @ 10/9c
- *New* – Swamp Pawn (#306) – CMT @ 9/8c
- *New* – The Dead Files (#V513) – Travel Channel @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#1607) – BBC America @ 10/9c
- *New* – Transporter: The Series (#109/110) – TNT @ 9/8c & 10/9c (2 New Episodes)