Saturday is the season premiere of Counting Cars on History Channel at 9/8c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 9:30/8:30c.
Following that is the series premiere of Detroit Steel on History Channel at 10/9c. This new unscripted series celebrates the Motor City’s automotive legacy by creating rare, custom rides that mix Detroit’s celebrated past and its evolving future. Adam Genei and the team at his car customization shop, Mobsteel, give vintage cars a modern, mean look. From the days of Henry Ford and the Model T, Detroit has always been where car legends are born. Though the city has had its ups and downs, Genei and his wife and co-owner, Pam, are committed to fostering American engineering and bringing back Detroit one car at a time. Like their slogan says, Mobsteel, along with Adam’s sister business Detroit Steel Wheels, builds “rides to die for.” From classic cars that call back to America’s automotive roots to muscle cars that need a supercharged rebirth, the team is up for any challenge. Whether they are discovering hidden automotive treasures in a garage, a junkyard, or from a collector, they take full advantage of the history available in Detroit. If they can’t find a part, the Mobsteel team makes it themselves. The end product is a never-before-seen creation that transforms the best of Motown into a one-of-a-kind ride that is the envy of car enthusiasts across the country.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Detroit Steel (#101) – History Channel @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Counting Cars (#601/602) – History Channel @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes Including Season Premiere)
- *New* – MythBusters: The Search (#104) – Science Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Ransom (#RAN107) – CBS @ 8/7c
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#2015) – BBC America @ 10/9c
- *New* – Unplugged Nation – FYI @ 10/9c