Saturday is the season finale of Wedding Band on TBS at 10/9c.
Tonight is the 75-minute series premiere of Ripper Street on BBC America at 9/8c. In the aftermath of the Jack the Ripper murders, can anyone keep order in the blood stained London Streets? The show, set in and around Victorian London, stars Matthew Macfadyen (Anna Karenina, MI-5, Pride and Prejudice), Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones), Adam Rothenberg (Alcatraz), Myanna Buring (The Twilight Saga, White Heat), and David Dawson (Luther, Secret Diary of a Call Girl). Haunted by the failure to catch London’s most evil killer, Inspector Edmund Reid (Macfadyen) now heads up the notorious H Division, the toughest district in London’s East End. Charged with keeping order in the chaotic streets of Whitechapel, Inspector Reid is soon drawn deep into the seedy criminal underworld of Victorian London – where fear always lurks that each new murder could mark the return of The Ripper.
Tonight is also the series premiere of Stuff You Should Know on Science Channel at 10/9c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 10:30/9:30c. This is a new genre-bending television series about a real podcast that’s set in a fictional world. Let us explain… Josh Clark and Chuck Bryant are two real guys – uber-popular podcasters and actual Discovery Communications employees. Their podcast, also called “Stuff You Should Know,” is in the top ten on iTunes with more than five million monthly downloads. The series will follow Josh and Chuck inside and outside the recording booth, combining all the delicious informational nuggets of their podcast and wrapping them in deadpan mockumentary-style humor. Along for the ride are a wide array of guests making cameo appearances, including John Hodgman, Sarah Silverman, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Rufus Wainwright, and Michio Kaku.
Finally, tonight is the 45-minute series premiere of Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan on BBC America at 10:15/9:15c. The show is an exhilarating travel-adventure series that follows actor and wildlife enthusiast, Dominic Monaghan (Lost, Lord of the Rings), as he explores the remote corners of the globe in search of some the most badass animals in the world. In each episode of the eight part series, Dominic takes the viewer along on an intimate journey as he backpacks through the rainforests of Ecuador, the caves of Venezuela, the arid deserts of Namibia and many more exotic locales – to get up close and personal with some of the most dangerous and elusive creatures known to man. Along the way, he’ll encounter vibrant locals, quirky experts and a host of creatures that inhabit the strange and wonderfully wild places on our planet.
Tonight is a new episode of The Graham Norton Show on BBC America at 11/10c. Guests include Quentin Tarantino, James McAvoy, Alan Davies, & Emeli Sande.
Tonight is also a new episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC at 11:29/10:29c. The host is Jennifer Lawrence, with musical guest The Lumineers.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Wedding Band (#110) – TBS @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Ripper Street (#101-75) – BBC America @ 9/8c (75-Minute Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – Stuff You Should Know (#101/102) – Science Channel @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes Including Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan (#101-45) – BBC America @ 10:15/9:15c (45-Minute Series Premiere)
- *Season Premiere* – A Idiot Abroad (#301) – Science Channel @ 9/8c
- *Special* – The Following – FOX @ 11:59/10:59c (1-Hour “Inside The Following” Special)
- *New* – Saturday Night Live (#3811) – NBC @ 11:29/10:29c
- *New* – Star Wars: The Clone Wars (#514) – Cartoon Network @ 9:30AM/8:30AMc
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#12??) – BBC America @ 11/10c