Saturday is the 90-minute series finale of Versailles on Ovation at 10/9c and the season finale of Top Chef Junior on Universal Kids at 6/5c.
Tonight is also a new episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC at 11:29/10:29c, with host Jason Momoa & musical guest Mumford & Sons.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Finale* – Versailles (#310-90) – Ovation @ 10/9c (90-Minute Series Finale)
- *Season Finale* – Top Chef Junior – Universal Kids @ 6/5c
- *New* – American Ninja Warrior Junior – Universal Kids @ 7/6c
- *New* – Criminal Confessions (#210) – Oxygen @ 6/5c
- *New* – Geraldo Rivera’s Murder in the Family (#106) – Reelz @ 9/8c
- *New* – Ghost Adventures (#1511) – Travel Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Iron Chef – Cooking Channel @ 10/9c
- *New* – Live PD – A&E @ 9/8c (3-Hour New Episode)
- *New* – Married to Medicine (#614) – Bravo @ 9/8c
- *New* – Murder Made Me Famous (#514) – Reelz @ 8/7c
- *New* – My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding (#608) – TLC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj (#108) – Netflix @ 3:01AM/2:01AMc
- *New* – Pit Bulls & Parolees (#1211) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Saturday Night Live (#4408) – NBC @ 11:29/10:29c
- *New* – The Alec Baldwin Show (#105) – ABC @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Voice Kids – Universal Kids @ 4:30/3:30c (90-Minute New Episode)
It has been 8 years since Spartacus first came to our screens, but the memory of the engrossing series still lives on, not just in our minds but in popular culture through merchandising and off-shoots.
As the name would suggest, the show was inspired by the historical Thracian gladiator Spartacus. According to records, the historic gladiator of Rome led a major slave uprising against the departing Romans in Capua.
Despite receiving high praise from critics and fans alike, the show was overlooked at a number of award ceremonies. This is possibly because it was to be overshadowed by Game of Thrones, another big-budget show of a similar genre.
Since the show was first aired in 2010, each episode has gone on to attract an audience of over 1.25 million and gained cult status in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the land the series was filmed, New Zealand. Each episode was granted a huge budget of $5 million to fund the shows much-enjoyed special effects. It’s no shock how popular it has become.
With all that in mind, let’s take a look back at Spartacus and discover how its legacy still lives on today. Jump with me to read more! Continue reading
Have you ever been at a loss as to what to watch? Too many shows to pick from? We’re here to give you our opinions on what we feel is worth watching. Check it out and then let us know in the comments below what you’re choosing for tonight!
Early this morning, Netflix gave its viewers an early holiday treat…more of the hilarious baking competition Nailed It!. This new program, Nailed It! Holiday, has all the fun of the regular series but with holiday-themed tasks. I absolutely loved the first season of this series. Host Nicole Byer is a riot as she jokes around with the contestants and keeps things light. She often breaks the fourth wall, talking to the producer and teasing her more straight-laced co-host, professional chef Jacques Torres. The series pits amateur bakers against one another in a competition to win $10K. They are given far too little time to try to recreate ridiculously intricate desserts and more often than not fail to nail it! But watching them try to do so is so much fun. I can wait to see what new celebrity guest judges and holiday-themed challenges are in store!
Check it out now on Netflix!
I’ll also be watching/recording Fresh Off the Boat and The Cool Kids.
Jump with us to see else we think you should watch. Continue reading