Saturday is the series premiere of About a Boy on NBC at 11:07/10:07c. Based on the best-selling Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, An Education) novel, writer Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights, Parenthood) and director Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Revolution) present a different kind of coming-of-age story. Will Freeman (David Walton, Bent, Perfect Couples) lives a charmed existence as the ultimate man-child. After writing a hit song, he was granted a life of free time, free love and freedom from financial woes. He’s single, unemployed and loving it. So imagine his surprise when Fiona (Minnie Driver, Good Will Hunting, Barney’s Version), a needy single mom and her oddly charming 11-year-old son, Marcus (Benjamin Stockham, 1600 Penn), move in next door and disrupt his perfect world. When Marcus begins dropping by his home unannounced, Will’s not so sure about being a kid’s new best friend, until, of course, Will discovers that women find single dads irresistible. That changes everything and a deal is struck: Marcus will pretend to be Will’s son and, in return, Marcus is allowed to chill at Will’s house. Before he realizes it, Will starts to enjoy the visits and even finds himself looking out for the kid. In fact, this newfound friendship may very well teach him a thing or two that he never imagined possible – about himself and caring for others.
Tonight is also the 75-minute season premiere of Ripper Street on BBC America at 9/8c.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – About a Boy (#101) – NBC @ 11:07/10:07c
- *Season Premiere* – Ripper Street (#201-75) – BBC America @ 9/8c (75-Minute Season Premiere)
- *Sports* – 2014 Olympic Winter Games – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Black Sails (#105) – Starz @ 9/8c
- *New* – Crazy Hearts: Nashville (#06/106) – A&E @ 1/12c
- *New* – Ghost Adventures (#V913) – Travel Channel @ 9/8c
- *New* – Mythbusters (#1408) – Discovery Channel @ 8/7c
- *New* – Swamp Pawn (#214) – CMT @ 9/8cc
- *New* – The Graham Norton Show (#1418-45) – BBC America @ 10/9c (45-Minute New Episode)